We are sorry if the following message comes across as being negative, but we need to be able to manage expectations as to what services we can and cannot deliver to our patients at this time.
Please note that:
- We cannot do prescriptions early or give you extra supplies, the pharmacies are struggling alreadyWe cannot give you an inhaler "just in case", even if you had one some years ago-those with severe Asthma and COPD really need these inhalers and if you have one just in case, then those who really need them will not be able to get them.
- We are unable to prescribe you Paracetamol just because you cannot buy them over the counter.
- We cannot offer additional advice as to whether you are at risk and need to self-isolate, we too are only following the Government and Public Health England advice.
- Sick Notes (Isolation Form) for self-isolation can be obtained from NHS 111 Online we are unable to provide these from the surgery.
- Sick Notes for Shielding – This letter is evidence, for your employer, to show that you cannot work outside the home. You do not need to get a fit note from your GP. If you need help from the benefit system visit https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit
Every person who sets foot in a healthcare setting from now on is, sadly, entering a high risk environment. Please do not put yourself at risk unnecessarily, please use every other means possible to contact your GP, think very carefully before you come to the surgery. Thank you