MSI are commissioned by Dorset CCG to provide early medical abortion services in Dorset and it is important health service providers are aware our services remain fully open and operational during the current Covid-19 crisis
- Abortion treatment is an essential clinical service, and it is vitally important that women are as able as ever to access our services during the ongoing healthcare crisis.
- Our telemedicine service is fully operational – patients who are eligible for this service can choose to have their medication delivered via post, or can collect it from one of our clinics. Patients who not eligible for this service (i.e. those with safeguarding or complex clinical needs) will still be able to receive face-to-face care at a clinic of their choosing. This service is available for all of our patients, free of charge.
- Our clinics in Bournemouth and Poole are open and running as normal, offering medical abortions up to 9 weeks and 6 days and face-to-face abortion care. We are observing social distancing within our clinics, keeping our patients and staff as safe as possible.
- The first step is to call and talk to one of our team, on 0300 456 2217. Patients can call this line to talk through their options, book treatment or receive specialist clinical advice from our nursing team – or contact us via webchat at https://www.msichoices.org.uk/
- Patients do not need a referral from their GP to access our services. Patients can self-refer for treatment by calling our team directly.
- We aim to provide initial consultations within 48 hours.
- We are CCG funded, which means that patients can access our treatment free of charge. A full list of our clinic locations can be found here: https://www.msichoices.org.uk/find-us/
Dorset Police - Domestic Abuse can affect anyone and takes many forms
We are here to help :-
24 hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0808 2000 247
Dorset County - You First - 0800 032 5204 (24 hours)
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Outreach - 01202 710 777 (24 hours)
Women’s Aid - email - email@example.com
Online chat room - chat.womensaid.org.uk 10am-12pm Monday to Friday
Respect helpline - 0808 802 4040
For anyone worried that they may be harming someone else
Galop - 0800 999 5428
Domestic violence advice for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender
Dorset Police - In an emergency call 999
In a non-emergency email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101
For additional help and advice go to www.dorset.police.uk/abuse-help
The practice provides audiology services to all patients with hearing problems who need them. Please arrange to see a doctor if you are interested in this service.
Other Services Provided On Site
We have three blood pressure machines designed for patients to take their own. These can be found in the patient room at Orchard branch or in the waiting rooms at Burton & Bransgore sites. So if you would like to come into the surgery and take your own blood pressure, a print out will be provided of the reading which you can leave at the reception to be checked. Please can you also weigh yourself and measure your height and complete the health information slip.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patients' needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The everyday technology available through your phones, tablets and PCs, etc., also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. ( Please see our " services" tab for further information)
This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Practice Map updated map in progress. (click on, zoom in and check if your address is within our boundary )
There is information through the web page on how you might register for the CMP Patient Participation Group [PPG], whether this is attending PPG meetings or if you would like to be part of the virtual PPG. Please let us know through the forms included in ‘Have Your Say’ if you would like to be involved.